5.0L Coyote Adrenalin
One of our crazy projects was our 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin that originally featured the anemic 4.6 3v engine. Ford decided not to build us an awesome powerplant in these trucks as they did in their 2005 Concept, so we did.
As the title already suggests, we installed a new 5.0L engine and manual transmission swap from a 2011 Mustang GT. Converting an auto truck to a manual is not an easy undertaking, but we like doing things the hard way, and staying unique. With some amazing burnouts and high RPM blasts, this Adrenalin is the first of its kind to live up to its name!
The Coyote Adrenalin made over 400 rwhp on our Dynojet at Shrader Performance! Listening to this truck scream at 7000 rpm is quite amazing and unexpected. It gets tons of looks driving this thing around town, and are enjoying shifting the manual MT82 6spd gearbox. It was a difficult swap with a huge learning curve but we successfully completed this project to make one helluva unique daily driver truck.
- 414 rwhp / 414 rwtq on DynoJet Chassis Dyno
- 5.0L Coyote 4v
- Custom PS pump bracket with Alternator relocation kit
- Custom A/C pulley arrangement to retain stock A/C compressor
- Dual electric fans
- As you can imagine, all hoses, and accessories had to be modified as well
- stock ’11 GT exhaust manifolds, modified
- custom 3″ H-pipe with cats
- Custom cat-back with dual Flowmaster mufflers
- True Dual exhaust all the way back
- custom return-style system using stock coyote rails
- Aeromotive regulator
- -6AN return lines to tank
- Walbro fuel pump
- Custom integration of old PCM with new Ford Racing Controls Pack
- Custom Shrader tune for dual PCM’s
- All factory gauges still work perfectly
- 6spd MT82 transmission
- custom short throw shifter and handle
- All stock baby!
How can I get one of these?!
- We get a lot of questions on how to have another one built like this one
- Due to the cost of this project being over the cost of the truck, we no longer provide this option
- Please don’t ask us for information on how to duplicate this project, because we simply don’t have time to answer those questions. We’re busy building other cool stuff!